May 06, 2021
This one is a quick cook on the BBQ or the oven, as it was raining (heavily) when we wanted to film this recipe, we decided to film it indoors. I promise, once you try this sauce there will be no going back to the tomato version which always makes tortillas soggy.
You will need:
1) Add a table spoon of oil to the chicken slices and add 1 teaspoon of A-ME-Goes seasoning, mix and leave to marinade the chicken for 30 mins to 1hr
2) Once Marinated, heat the frying pan and add the chicken to the pan to cook thoroughly. Once cooked set aside while you prepare the sauce. If you have any peppers, mushrooms or onions which you need to use up, feel free to add it to the pan and fry them off with the chicken
The Enchilada sauce
TIP: Have all of the sauce ingredients ready, this sauce comes together quite quickly so it's good to have everything on hand.
3) In a clean frying pan add the remaining oil and heat (medium heat) and add in the remaining A-Me-Goes, cumin, cinnamon and chili to warm them through. Once you start to release the aromas pour in the flour until it is a light brown colour (not burnt - just slightly deeper in colour) this should roughly take about 1 minute.
4) Whisk the tomato paste and crushed garlic cloves into the mixture, then slowly pour in the broth while whisking to remove any lumps.
5) Raise the heat to medium- high and bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce the heat to maintain a gentle simmer and continue whisking for about 5-7 minutes until the sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
6) Remove from heat, then whisk in the vinegar and season to taste with a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper.
Wrap the chicken:
7) Place the tortilla on a flat surface/board, place a generous amount of chicken to one side of the tortilla & roll to form a cigar shape. Repeat until the dish is full of wrapped chicken.
8) Pour the enchilada sauce over the corn rolls
9) Top with cheese and place into the oven at 200C for 10-15 ins until the cheese is bubbly and melted
Sign up to our newsletter
This section doesn’t currently include any content.